I have been meaning to blog about my Fall front porch decor for a couple of weeks now and I have been so busy, but here goes nothing.
Also, it seems like everyone else on Instagram is decorating for Christmas already, but I am determined to stand my ground and hold out for that until after Thanksgiving.
I don’t decorate a lot around our house, but one spot I love decorating is our front porch.
I wanted to share some simple steps that I use and I hope this makes it easy for you too!
Here is our front porch from Fall 2019.
1) Find an inspirational picture on Pinterest. Y’all know how much I love Pinterest! Haha. I’m such a visual person and seeing other people’s pictures really inspires me. Here is the picture that I’ve used for my porch the last two years.
My front porch obviously has different coloring compared to this inspo picture, but I knew I could make the colors work and the layout is close enough to make it work too.
2) Break it down. What do you love about this picture? Will this exact setup work with your own front porch? Do you love the colors? What do you not like in this picture, and what would be a good alternative?
3) Map it out. So, now we have our inspiration, our canvas (my actual front porch), and a vision. I loved the colors of the pumpkins, the corn stalks, the cute doormat and the mums.
4) Get what you need. I made a stop at a local pumpkin patch, Parkhurst, and found all of the pumpkins I needed as well as some corn stalks. I purchased the cute, wooden buckets from Lowe’s last year when I bought the mums.
I have a cute “Thankful” doormat that I like to put out closer to Thanksgiving, but for now I love my new “Welcome” mat from Magnolia. I also bought a black and white mat for layering under the welcome mat. The exact one I have is from 2018, but HERE is a similar one.
This year I found a wreath on Pinterest that I loved and decided to DIY it, but you can purchase a similar one HERE.
5) Set it up and enjoy all of your hard work!
There is something special about a decorated front porch. It’s warm and inviting and makes a house feel like your home.
Thankful Doormat Etsy
Thankful Doormat Amazon
Home Sweet Home Doormat Target
Fall Eucalyptus Wreath Amazon
Fall Wreath Amazon
Welcome Doormat Magnolia
Wooden Planter Buckets Lowe’s